Want to learn English for free?
I am fortunate to be able to understand people in English and what is even better is that I didn’t pay a single peso to learn it.
Do you want to know how to learn English without paying?
Nowadays thanks to internet technology it is practically possible to do anything we want and thanks to this we can learn anything. The internet is a valuable tool that if we don’t know how to take advantage of it we can regret it later. We have to know how to use these resources and not spend all our time on social networks, we should try to put some of our time into something that gives us more value as professionals and English is something that will help us.
I am one of those who say that I have a mastery of the verb TO-BE because unfortunately, that is what I was taught in my 6 years at school and then for 2 years at university. Nothing more than that and if you think that you are going to become bilingual with that, then you are wrong. You have to look for other alternatives and that’s where the internet comes in.
Here are some tips on how to learn English, or at least what helped me.
The first thing you will need is the easiest thing of all but it turns out to be the hardest: Time and dedication. If you don’t have these two you’re not going to do anything.
If you consider yourself a complete beginner, start here.
- duolingo.com, This website is very good but for beginners, the way they show you the language is very easy to understand. I did all this platform but I was not a beginner and I wasted my time. So it’s better to do it but if you don’t know much (available for mobile phones)
- busuu.com, This site helped me a lot and the platform is much better. It is a very dynamic site as they treat you like a child giving you prizes and decorating a garden. The more things you know the more things you will have in your garden. It is very useful. You also help other people to learn Spanish by correcting their mistakes and thus gaining more fruit for your garden. They correct you too.
- livemocha.com This site is very similar to Busuu but it is not as dynamic but you can also learn something with it. I recommend the two previous ones more.
If you think you already have some more knowledge in English then start here and don’t waste time with what I said before.
- wlingua.com/ If you think you already have some more knowledge in English then start here and don’t waste time with what I said before.
- http://www.engvid.com/ I also owe a lot to this site. Several teachers are giving FREE lessons. They stand in front of their board and start explaining different topics. You can choose the teacher you want. I recommend Emma but they are all very good.
- https://www.youtube.com/user/yrsl92: Listen to music in English and with subtitles in Spanish and English. Many people on YouTube are dedicated to creating these subtitles and they are very helpful. This man helped me a lot.
- http://www.ego4u.com/ This is another site I owe a lot to. It has a section called “Cram up” where you have practically ALL the grammar you need in English with LOTS of exercises and the rest is up to you.
- http://www.esl-lab.com/ This is a page of many audios, where you find 3 types of levels: Easy, Medium, Difficult. The audios have questions after you listen to them and they are very useful because they give you a lot of vocabulary and the way they show it to you is very dynamic.
- couchsurfing.com This page is very useful for traveling and meeting people. When you feel you can talk to someone face to face visit this page and find an event to go to and meet foreigners.
- meetup.com This site specializes in creating events and helping people to share the same tastes. You can meet many foreigners who want to learn to speak Spanish and help you with your English in your city.
I can’t recommend these sites because I haven’t studied them as much as the others, but I know they are good:
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningenglish Very complete in terms of the 4 bands of English.
- http://www.britishcouncil.us/ This site is very dynamic with different daily activities and takes advantage of this to teach English.
- http://www.learnenglish.de/ With this you can design your study guide.
- eslpod.com/ I like this one very much because it is a series of podcasts (audios with explanations).
- lingua.ly This page makes you learn a LOT of vocabulary and it’s a bit of a joke.
- http://www.vocabsushi.com/ With this page you will test your vocabulary.
- http://www.examenglish.com/ This page prepares you for any tests you may need such as IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, and the Cambridge English exams tales Como CAE, FCE, KETand PET.
There are no more excuses for not speaking English. A little dedication is enough!
I hope you found this material useful…